Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Old Window For the Kitchen

A new look for our kitchen wall. I got this old window from the antiques store a while ago. I recently stained and distressed it and hung it in the place of our kitchen message board.


In October we made a kitchen message board to keep our lives more organized. Here's a reminder of what it looked like hanging up.


I was really happy with how the actual message board turned out but I was not happy having it hang in the middle of the kitchen. It was convenient but I couldn't help feeling like it looked too busy for that spot on the wall. I have a better spot in mind for the message board which I will share when it actually gets hung up. I decided to hang this old window in its place. Here is how that looks:



I'm loving the look of this. I haven't had a chance to finish the sign above the window frame but I will post about that as soon as it's done. I decided to hang my burlap wreath (burlap wreath tutorial) right on the old window.


This is just what I wanted for the space! (Hopefully it stays up longer than a couple of months...)


1 comment:

  1. You definitely have some serious skills in recycling. Truth to be told, I've seen other people recycled their window frames, but what they did was turn into picture frames. This is definitely a new learning— very easy to do and cost a little. Thanks to this DIY, it gives us the chance to explore more and enhance our creativity. [KatchMark.com]

    ReplyDelete